Non-Profit Boards That WorkName: Non-Profit Boards That WorkDate: October 11, 2017Time: 12:30 PM - 4:00 PM PDTRegistration: Register NowEvent Description:
Registration is closed for this event but if you wish to be added, please email Jaclyn Van Den Berg at firstname.lastname@example.org before 4:00 pm on Tuesday, October 10th. Thank you!
Click HERE to download a promo flyer.
The purpose of this training is to provide an interactive and hands-on learning experience for non-profit boards and executive directors in order for them to carry out their work with excellence and in line with best board practices.
Part 1: The Non-profit Landscape
- The difference non-profit makes
- The rising expectations on non-profit boards
- The life cycle of an organization
- Not all non-profit boards are equal
Part 2: The Seven Disciplines of Governance Excellence
- DIRECT organizational performance
- PROTECT the interest of the owners
- EXPECT great board and management interaction
- RESPECT owner expectations
- REFLECT on organizational results
- SELECT prominent leadership
- CONNECT for healthy board relationships
Part 3: Organizational Health
- A framework for understanding the role of the non-profit board
- Communication, authority, and accountability
- Making meetings meaningful
- The strategic planning process
- Financial matters - fiduciary responsibility
- Legal matters: BC Society's Act, insurance, minutes, etc.
Part 4: Roles and Relationships
- General principles
- The board and its various roles
- the executive director
- The chair and other executive team members
- Committees and task groups
- Board member conduct
- Recruiting new board members
About Our Facilitator:
Cam Taylor has worked with leaders, teams, and non-profits for over 30 years and coaching and training professionally for ten. He works with leaders, teams, boards, and non-profits to provide solutions including strategic planning, facilitation, succession planning, governance training, and executive level coaching. He is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with the International Coach Federation (ICF) and a Certified Executive Coach (CEC) with the Center for Executive Coaching.
Chamber Cancellation Policy: Event payment is due upon registration. No cancellations, refunds or credits after Wednesday, October 4, 2017.