The Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce (GLCC) is urging our Members, network and community to support local businesses impacted by economic challenges caused by the virus by looking to do business with a GLCC Member first. We also encourage everyone to exercise reasonable precautions and planning in light of this pandemic.
While it is important to treat the COVID-19 pandemic with seriousness, it is also important not to compound the real challenges this virus is causing our business community by unduly curtailing and restrict our own activities locally.
The GLCC is urging everyone in our networking to support local businesses and to do business with a GLCC Member first.
Please use the below updates and resources to make sure your business, your employees and your customers stay safe and remember to "Call A Member 1st". Here is a direct link to the GLCC Membership Directory.
Another great resource to help you support local is Township of Langley's "Buy Local - Open for Business" list.
- You can find live updates and information about Canada's response to COVID-19 here.
- You can find information about supports for small businesses here.
- Learn more about EDC's support for Canadian exporters affected by COVID-19 here.
Click here to find out what happened in Phase One
HAVE YOU BEEN LAID OFF?
- The BC Emergency Benefit for Workers will provide a tax-free, one time $1,000 payment for BC residents whose ability to work has been affected due to COVID-19.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Employment and Social Development Canada: Several measures are available to assist employees who have been laid off or are unable to work due to quarantine. This includes waiving the one week waiting period for EI sickness benefits and priority application processing for related claims.
- Work-Sharing Program: Work-Sharing is a federal government adjustment program designed to help employers and employees avoid layoffs when there is a temporary reduction in the normal level of business activity that is beyond the control of the employer. Temporary special measures have extended the maximum duration of work-sharing agreements from 38 weeks to 76 weeks for businesses affected by COVID-19.
- Sources Rent Bank: The sources Rent Bank is now available to assist residents in Langley. Previously, this program was only available to residents of Surrey, White Rock and Delta. Eligible individuals and families may apply for a one-time crisis loan to prevent homelessness.
UTILITY COMPANIES & COVID-19
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
- Prime Minister Announces Partnerships with Provinces and Territories to Deliver the Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance for Small Businesses - April 24, 2020
- Transit Service Changes - Starting April 22, 2020
- COVID-19: Tips for Business Leaders - April 21, 2020
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy is Now Law! What's New and Employment Law Considerations - April 14, 2020
- A Message from our CEO re: Canadian Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) - April 9, 2020
- New Virtual Mental Health Supports for COVID-19 on the Way - April 9, 2020
- Applications Open for Temporary Rental Supplement - April 9, 2020
- Pulse Check Survey Shows Many BC Businesses in Need of Life Support - April 3, 2020
- What you Need to Know about Federal and Provincial Support for BC Businesses and Workers During the COVID-19 Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- Restaurants in Langley City Available for Pick-Up or Delivery - March 30, 2020
- Guidance to Retail Food and Grocery Stores Operating During COVID-19 - March 29, 2020
- Supporting Renters, Landlords During COVID-19 - March 25, 2020
- Government Introduces Canada Emergency Response Benefit to Help Workers and Businesses - March 25, 2020
- FAQ: COVID-19 from the Canadian Chamber of Commerce - March 20, 2020
- Prime Minister Announces More Support for Workers and Businesses Through Canada's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan - March 18, 2020
- Government Extends Tax Deadline to June 1 Admidst COVID-19 Outbreak - March 17, 2020
- The Coronavirus Outbreak - General Information - March 17, 2020
- Why Outbreaks Like Coronavirus Spread Exponentially, and How to "Flatten the Curve" - March 14, 2020
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19): Prevention and Risks - March 13, 2020
- Donate to Coronavirus Outbreak Response - March 13, 2020
- Support Charities in Your Community - March 13, 2020
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates: Canada - March 13, 2020
- How COVID-19 Delays Could Affect Your Supply Chain From Contracts to Insurance and Custom Clearance - March 12, 2020
- How to Manage COVID-19 in the Workplace - March 12, 2020
- The Dos and Don'ts of 'Social Distancing' - March 12, 2020
- How Cancelled Events and Self-Quarantines Save Lives - March 10, 2020
- Updated FAQs: What Canadian Exporters Need to Know About the Coronavirus (COVID-19) - March 9, 2020
- Frequent hand washing and covering your face when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you are sick (and create a culture where this is encouraged in your workplace)
- Leverage technology and consider remove work for your team where possible.
- Social distancing
- BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool
Stay up-to-date on future GLCC events and announcements by following our social media channels: