Scott Johnston is a Partner of Campbell, Burton & McMullan LLP and a business lawyer serving the Langley community. Scott has over 16 years of experience as a solicitor advising clients in corporate/commercial, commercial real estate, banking and secured lending, leasing, residential purchase and sale, and mortgage matters. A resident of Murrayville, he has served the Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce as a Director (2011 to 2012), Community Director for Langley City (2012 to 2014), Chair of the U40 Young Professionals Committee (2013 to 2015), and as Vice-President (2014 to 2015). Scott has also volunteered as Legal Counsel to the Langley 2014 BC Seniors Games Society.
5 Quick Questions:
- Why did you join the U40 Leaders of Tomorrow Team?During my first term as a Director of the Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce in 2011, the U40 Committee of the Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce was formed by my fellow Director, Michelle Chandra. After Michelle’s tenure with the Board, I served as the Chair of the U40 Committee from 2013 to 2015, continuing to build upon her legacy developing an initiative for the Chamber that focussed on succession planning for both members and Board governance, as well as, prolific business development and networking opportunities for our future leaders.
- Before working in your current position, what is the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
My first job at 15 years of age was selling Guns N’ Roses, Nirvana, and Metallica CDs at the now defunct “Sam the Record Man” music store at Richmond Centre Mall.
- What are three words to describe you?
Persistent. Eloquent. Pragmatic.
- Where would you like to be in the next five years?
Still attending U40 Monthly Mingles despite “aging out”….
- If you were forced to eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Chocolate Avalanche Croissants from the Murrayville IGA bakery.
Find me on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/scott-johnston