Virtual Business Resource Centre
- To start up and operate a business anywhere in British Columbia, there are a number of steps you need to take. Click here for a copy of the Chamber's Business Checklist.
The following resources will provide you with further information on starting your business:
- Complimentary one-on-one business consultancy with BDO Canada LLP. For more information, please contact the Chamber office at 604-371-3770.
- Corporate Online: The Corporate Registry provides the legal framework within which all businesses, not-for-profit societies, cooperative associations and financial institutions operate in British Columbia and files documents for the incorporation, registration, maintenance and dissolution of these entities.
- OneStop Business Registry: The OneStop Business Registry provides information and resources on the most commonly required business registrations and transactions.
- Small Business BC: Small Business BC provides entrepreneurs with the information and guidance necessary to build a solid foundation for their business. Through a wide range of products, services, education and resources, there's a piece that fits with every business. No matter what stage or what skill level, when an entrepreneur finds themselves asking 'How do I...?' Small Business BC is the one to call.
- Starting a Small Business in British Columbia Guide: Developed by the Ministry of Small Business and Revenue, this guide will introduce you to some of the things you need to know about starting a business, and tell you where you can get more information.
- City of Langley and Township of Langley: A complete guide to the City and the Township including stats, demographic information, business licenses, etc.
- Business Gateway: This is your source for information and services for small and medium sized businesses. Includes information on start-up, financing, taxes, human resources management, regulations, exporting/importing, statistics and analysis, innovation research, e-business and selling to the government.
- Investing & International Business Links and Resources: Interested in doing business with the Government of British Columbia? Then check out these resources that will help you make the most of your business opportunities.
- British Columbia Import/Export Guide: The go-to guide for those thinking of importing or exporting as part of their business.
- BC Statistics: The online database for the central statistical agency of the Province of British Columbia. It contains the provincial government's largest concentration of statistical products, services and expertise.
- Statistics Canada: The online database of Canadian statistical data. Featuring the results of the Canadian Census and more.
- Small Business Finance Centre: Your one-stop-shop for information on government grants and/or loans your small business may be entitled to. Note: Funding is not guaranteed.
- Small Business BC ASK THE EXPERTS Advisory Series: A series of sessions giving small business owners the chance to interact and ask questions of industry experts.
- From Start to Finish - A Guide to Planning Events in Langley: Whether planning your Grand Opening, Anniversary or Staff Holiday Party, this is the resource guide for you!
- Translation Services: The Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce is proud to be able to provide contact information of members who are willing to provide translation assistance for business inquiries. Currently, the languages available are: Vietnamese, Chaozhou (Chinese dialect), Cantonese, Cambodian, Finnish, French, Spanish, Tagalog, Danish, German, Hindi, Gujarati, Italian and French Parisian. For more information, please contact the Chamber office at 604-371-3770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Micro-Business Training Program: The Micro Business Training (MBT) Program is 100% funded by the government, and offers courses such as Bookkeeping, Marketing & Sales, Management, Computing, Websites & Social Media.
- Tool Kit of Training Resources for Small-and-Medium-Sized Businesses: The Canadian Chamber of Commerce has put together a comprhensive tool kit of training resources.
- The LiveSmart BC program offers small to medium-sized business free energy assessments in order to help save energy costs and contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. This service is absolutely FREE to any small/medium sized business. For qualifying criteria click here.
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC): BDC is the only bank exclusively dedicated to entrepreneurs, providing highly tailored financing, venture capital and consulting services. Consult our website to learn more about our flexible products, and discover our comprehensive collection of articles, online tools, tips and advice on all aspects of running your business.