Micro-Business Training (MBT) Program
Are you interested in receiving up to $1,000.00 for training to improve the efficiency or productivity of your business?
The Micro Business Training (MBT) Program is 100% funded by the government, and offers courses such as Bookkeeping, Marketing & Sales, Management, Computing, Websites & Social Media.
Training is available in a variety of formats, such as traditional classroom, seminar/webinar, online and even on-site. Providers include Public Post-Secondary Universities and colleges, PCTIA Accredited organizations, and Private Trainers with membership in the Chamber Learning Network, a member benefit of the BC Chamber of Commerce.
There are some basic eligibility requirements, funding is for:
- 274 spots available for business owners who already have post-secondary education.
- 274 spots available for business owners who don't have any post-secondary education.
All applicants must:
- Have less than 5 employees (a micro-business).
- Be a legal resident of BC.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- NOT be a high-school or post-secondary student.
- NOT be participating in another Labour Market Agreement - funded program (or have participated in the MBT program in the past).
- Have a valid municipal license OR incorporation number OR CRA tax number.
Visit www.BCMicroBusiness.com/apply to sign up and review the Eligibility Checklist.
Once applicants are approved (a five day process) they will receive an Intake Form which must be submitted with an original signature. They will then be contacted by a Training Coordinator who will make a training plan and recommend at least two training options.
Get started by visiting www.BCMicroBusiness.com.
Questions? Please contact:
The BC Chamber of Commerce Micro-Business Training Program
1581 – H Hillside Avenue, Suite 412
Victoria, BC V8T 2C1