Advocacy Updates - As at August 2017
The Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce grassroots policy-building process is key to our success as Langleys premier business voice.
Our 975+ members have the opportunity to participate on our committees and thorough our committees, in the policy process. Why should you participate or engage in the policy process? Well for starters, Policy is Sexy! That’s right, it is sexy and exciting, and anyone who has been through the process of drafting, debating, editing, debating, defending, perhaps debating one more time and then finally passing a policy, understands the meaning.
We have been very busy with our policy work over the past few months, specifically at the provincial level, authoring or supporting 8 successful policies. (See links below) The Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce’s policy building process, coupled with our advocacy efforts, has provided us with an outstanding track record of policy results.
This is not work we do alone, we engage members, other business associations, government, other local Chambers of Commerce and we utilize our memberships with both the BC Chamber and the Canadian Chamber, to ensure that our policies have an impact on the Greater Langley Business Community.
If you have any questions regarding these policies or any of our other advocacy work please contact Colleen Clark, Executive Director at 604-371-3770 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of the Premier - Marijuana and the Workplace - Ensuring the Safety of Workers and Businesses (August 2017)
- Attorney General - Strengthening BC's Hop Industry - An Opportunity for Renewal (August 2017)
- Transportation and Infrastructure - East-West Connector Between Abbotsford Airport and Highway 99 (August 2017)
- Transportation and Infrastructure - Keep BC Business Moving (August 2017)
- Finance - Return to 3-Year Funding Agreements for Licensed Charities (August 2017)
- Agriculture - Creating a Level Playing Field for BC Breweries, Distilleries and Meaderies (August 2017)
- Community, Sport and Cultural Development - Reinstatement of the Business Vote in BC (August 2017)
- Finance - Elimination of 7 per cent PST on Legal Fees (August 2017)
- Canadian Chamber - Credit Card Merchant Fees (September 2016)
- The Need for an Innovative Approach to Transportation for an Increasingly Urban Province (June 2016)
- BC Chamber of Commerce welcomes NEB Approval of Trans Mountain Expansion (May 2016)
- Presentation To City & Township Of Langley Councils re: Inter-Municipal Business Licenses (March 2016)
- Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce Position re: 16th Avenue (October 2015)
- Collection of Duty and Taxes at Canada/US Border (October 2015)
- Question re: Pipeline at September 2015 Dinner and Trans Mountain Response (September 2015)
- Enhanced Push for Intermunicipal Mobile Business License (June 2015)
- Online Municipal Voting (June 2015)
- Property Transfer Tax Reform (June 2015)
- BC Chamber to urge airport cost relief, open skies, review of TFW program, solutions to Port labour problems at national Chamber AGM (September 2014)
- Fraser River Risk Assesment Press Release (July 2014)