You must register to receive Zoom link
Join us for a presentation that will inform employers of two government funded employment and skills programs in Langley that are designed to provide trained employees within the employer's specific industry with the required skills and knowledge for long term employment. Programs include wage assistant, specific short term occupation certificates and working with employers to secure the kind of trained employees they are looking for whether it is in forklift training, OFA, or Sage Accounting.
THIS WEBINAR IS FOR:
- Designed to help train employees for the specific needs of the employer.
- Offers specific short term occupational certificates tailored to employer's industry.
- Offers two weeks unpaid work experience as well as a wage assistance program if needed.
- Training on Microsoft Word and other Office programs.
- Attendance, transportation, home stay and daycare allowance for qualified applicants.
- Offers highly educated and experienced new Canadians opportunities in Canada.
Employers looking for qualified, skilled employees, work experience candidates, employees trained specifically for their industry. Also, for people who have been impacted by COVID either by laying off employees, closing their business or whom have been laid off.
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER:
Victoria Biggs is the Centre Director for the Canadian Vocational Training Centre since they opened in Langley a year ago. Her experience as a Business Manager, a long time Chamber member, Rotarian for 15 years and business owner/manager enabled Victoria to know what is going on in the current labour market and how CVTC's students are Educated, Empowered and Employed to fill that niche. Victoria brings a wealth of experience training, facilitating and supporting students of all ages, backgrounds and abilities. She is a Master Communicator of NLP and is passionate about helping students overcome barriers and work towards long term employment.