The current provincial health orders have been extended for an additional five weeks through to May 24, 2021 at midnight. This includes the Expedited Workplace Closure order as well as the following "circuit breaker" restrictions:
- The variance allowing indoor religious gatherings and worship services between March 28, 2021 and May 13,2021 is suspended.
- Indoor low intensity group exercise classes are cancelled.
- Restaurants, pubs and bars are closed for indoor dining. Outdoor patio seating and take-out or delivery is allowed.
- Whistler Blackcomb ski resort is closed.
Due to the recent increase in COVID 19 cases the BC Provincial Health Officer has announced new measures to expedite the closure of workplaces that see COVID 19 transmission. Workplaces with a COVID-19 exposure may be ordered to close for a minimum of 10 days. Here is a copy of the order.
On Friday, April 23, 2021, the BC government will be implementing further orders to restrict non-essential travel and to discourage interprovincial and inter-health authority travel. It has been indicated that these changes should include:
- Evaluation of BC Ferries bookings for essential travel and withholding of bookings for recreational vehicles.
- Traveler roadside checks for essential travel to discourage non-essential interprovincial and inter-health authority travel.
- New signs to be posted on BC-Alberta border to discourage non-essential interprovincial travel.
Further information on the implementation of these measures is expected to be released on Friday by Solicitor General Mike Farnworth. Watch our social media channels for updates on Friday.
Colleen Clark, CEO
Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce